Services provided by the Intergroup body are:
1. The AA Intergroup Office - provides 12 step services to the local AA community by
2. The 12 step committee - Compiles and maintains a current list of all AA members who wish to receive 12 step calls from those in need.
3. Newsletter committee - Produces, copies, and distributes the monthly AA newsletter, which informs AA members of current events within the local AA community.
4. Website committee - Ensures that the Regina AA website is kept current and conforms to AA principles.
5. Speakers Meeting committee - Organizes the Saturday evening speakers meetings.
6. Public Information committee - Informs the general public about AA and the services that are available locally. For more information on this committee click here
7. Corrections committee - Carries the AA message to inmates in the prisons and correction facilities.
For more information on this committee
8.Treatment Facilities committee - Provides information about AA and carries the AA message to clients and staff of treatment facilities in the Regina area. For more information on this committee click here
9. Co-operation with the Professional Community - This committee is responsible for keeping in touch with professionals such as doctors, nurses, clergy, and lawyers in order to inform them of the services provided by the Regina AA community. For more information on this committee click here
10. Alcathon committee -Organizes the annual Alcathon held each Christmas and New Years in Regina.
11. Roundup committee - Organizes the annual Regina family roundup.
12. Social committee - Organizes social functions for AA members in order to encourage fellowship among members.
13. Information committee - It's duties are to inform AA members about Intergroup and encourage participation.
Each of these committees has a chairperson / trustee and volunteers who freely give of their time to ensure that these services continue to be available to the Regina and area AA community.
Some of these positions are vacant as each of these positions and it's committees provide important 12 step services to the Regina AA community.
Click here to see which committees are in desperate need of a chairperson.
The Intergroup body exists to serve the Regina AA community and requires your help to continue to provide vital 12 step services. As with all 12 step work the reward we receive is far greater than the effort it takes to help out.
Sources for the information on this page: GSO Website, A.A. Service Manual & the Intergroup body.
This page visited since March 12, 2011